Tuesday 2 July 2013

Day 3: Clearing the Base


Day 3

     There is something wrong with this crew. Is it something in the air, or maybe it’s the levo amino food… it’s got to be the food. While the rest of the crew interrogated the prisoners, the LT; the Asari, Nienna; and myself went in search of the missing children. As it turns out Nienna and myself do not have a knack for techie things, while the LT seems to, once again, fluke his way through by licking, yes licking, his omni-tool. How is that even possible, like I said: it must be the food. Anyway (this LT provides some great tangent opportunities…) ahem, yes, we were scanning for the children to find their location, and most of the children were in the storage room they’ve been locked in for who knows how long. As was logical we sent the only human in to see the children first. And, by the spirits, the kids actually liked him! He even found himself a little fan and parted with his sunglasses.
After having K-QO scan the base for the remainder of the children we discovered one was about to fall into the same compartment with the mechs! I raced out of there as fast as I could to get there in time. As I opened the door the boy fell out of the duct. Thankfully (and obviously, I mean you should see how intimidating I look in armour) the mechs began attacking me instead of the boy. Pulling out my zweihänder, I clove a mech in half. It felt good to use my blade again; it’s been too long. As I pulled out my assault rifle the Asari came sprinting up, I shouted to her to take the boy and leave. As it would, the Asari came barrelling right into my line of fire! Thankfully she fell flat on her face just as the bullets started flying. The rest was a piece of cake, as the humans are wont to say. We Turians use a lot of human expressions I’ve noticed. We must not have any good ones ourselves… hmm. What did I say about Nienna being clumsy? I sure hope she doesn’t end up dying by friendly fire. That’s always an unpleasant report to file. All in all a happy conclusion to a difficult situation.
After dropping the kids off at the colony and alerting Alliance command, we were briefed on our unofficial, off the records mission of infiltrating Sur’Kesh and finding what the Salarians are up to with their studies of the Reaper nanites we are all, apparently, stuck with. The Salarians seem to believe that the Shepard somehow convinced the Reapers that they were already in control of everyone and that they now influence us through these nanites, and that’s why they attacked Tuchanka twenty years ago. What a load of garbage. So the Admiral “didn’t” authorize us to infiltrate Sur’Kesh, and we are definitely “not” going to the Pranas system, as the LT was so keen on telling everyone. At least he didn’t have his sunglasses to strike a ridiculous pose… I think the Quarian aptly described the situation, something was wrong with his face during the debriefing. And there we “aren’t” headed.

Beyond the Crucible

No comments:

Post a Comment